Source: Chef Edel Goncalves from Hubbell & Hudson Market & Bistro
If you are not familiar with Hubbell & Hudson Market & Bistro in The Woodlands, you are really missing out. The facility also offers catering services. Chef Edel Goncalves shows anchor Sibila Vargas how to prepare Colorado Leg of Lamb Steaks, Tuscan Navy Beans and Spicy Mint Yogurt Dip on FOX 26 Morning News.
Ingredients for Lamb Steak
- 4 8-ounce leg of lamb steaks
- 6 sprigs of rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients for Tuscan Navy Beans
- 6 ounces dry navy beans
- 1 ounce chopped carrots
- 1 ounce chopped onions
- 1 ounce chopped celeriac
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 spring of thyme
- 2 tbsp salt
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients for Yogurt Mint Sauce
- 4 ounces goat milk yogurt
- 2 ounces mint jelly
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp chopped fresh seeded jalapeño
- 1 tsp salt
- Simmer beans with 3 times the volume of water and salt for approximately 1.5 hours or until cooked completely.
- Prepare the sauce combining all ingredients in a mixing bowl and reserve for service.
- Strain the beans.
- Pour the extra virgin olive oil, chopped vegetables, rosemary and remaining salt into a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes, then pour instantly on the beans. Reserve for service.
- Season each steak with salt, pepper and a sprig of rosemary on each side.
- Cook the steaks on a sautee pan with the extra virgin olive oil to desired temperature (for medium rare quality, approximately 3 or 4 minutes on each side).
- Plate and eat (Bon apetit!).