myFOXhouston.com Blogger Robin9223 shares this recipe her mom used to make all the time. Now, Robin’s family loves it. There is no science to this recipe and it’s even better as leftovers. Like Robin mentions in the ingredients, it all depends on the size of your family or how hungry they are.
- 1 1/2 pounds of hamburger meat (or however much feeds your family)
- 1 or 2 boxes of Beef Rice a Roni (again, depends on how big your family is)
- 1 egg
- A tiny amount of oil to brown the balls
- With my family, I take 1 1/2 pounds of burger meat, almost 1 whole box of the rice and the egg and mush them all together.
- When mixed well, then you make balls.
- Fry the balls up in the oil. When done, remove the balls and most of the grease.
- Leave a little grease to start the rice. Again, for my family I use the rest of the first box and all of the second box. Cook the rice as per directions on the box. Since I use more rice, I add 5 cups of water.
- Then add the meatballs back to the rice and cook as per directions on the rice box.
- 20 minutes later, or when rice is done, dinner is ready.