July means summer heat in Texas, so what better month to celebrate National Ice Cream Month. Blue Bell is recognizing the month with the flavor Summer Strawberry Pie, and during the month of July only, Blue Bell welcomes back the Christmas Cookies flavor. Christmas Cookies ice cream combines holiday cookies, including chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, and sugar, in a tasty sugar cookie ice cream with red candy cane shaped sprinkles and a green icing swirl throughout.
Summer Strawberry Pie Trifle
- 12 oz. shortbread cookies, crumbled
- 4 c. (approximate) Blue Bell Summer Strawberry Pie Ice Cream
- ¼ c. sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ c. toasted shredded coconut
- ½ c. strawberry
- chocolate dessert topping
- frozen whipped topping
- thawed fresh strawberries
- Place half of the cookies in the bottom of a 2 ½-quart straight-sided serving bowl.
- Scoop half of the ice cream evenly over the cookies.
- Sprinkle ice cream with half of the almonds and coconut. Drizzle with half of the topping. Repeat layers.
- Serve immediately in chilled dessert dishes adding a dollop of whipped topping and some fresh strawberries. Makes 12 to 15 servings.
Note: Can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 24 hours. Remove from freezer 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Note: Make individual trifles using Old Fashioned glasses.
Summer Strawberry Pie Banana Split
- 1 small banana, peeled and cut in half length-wise
- 3 scoops Blue Bell Summer Strawberry Pie Ice Cream (approximately ½ cup each)
- 1 T. Strawberry dessert topping
- 1 T. Chocolate dessert topping
- optional ½ c. Frozen whipped topping, thawedGarnishes
- 1 T. Shaved chocolate (white, milk or dark)
- 1 T. Toasted, sliced almonds
- 1 T. Crumbled shortbread cookies
- Place banana, cut-side up in a chilled banana split dish.
- Place the 3 scoops of ice cream side-by-side on top of the banana.
- Drizzle ice cream with strawberry topping. (To add some chocolate flavor, drizzle ice cream with chocolate topping (optional)).
- Add a dollop of whipped topping to each scoop.
- Sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Serve immediately. (Makes one serving or can be shared to make two servings)