May 7, 2012
FOX 26 Morning News visited La Fisheria, a new restaurant by Aquiles Chavez, a celebrity chef from Mexico. Located in the Heights, Chavez prepares fish and seafood items in unique ways. He shows food radio talk show host Cleverley Stone how to prepare a lobster taco with chipotle sauce. And general manager Mirna Cox gives a quick tour of the restaurant.
For more information about food, wine and dining in Houston,
listen to Cleverley’s radio show Saturdays at Noon on Talk 650 AM.
(By the way, she gives out restaurant gift cards on every radio show!)
Lobster and Bean Taco (Makes one taco)
Source: Chef Aqulies Chavez, La Fisheria
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1 teaspoon refried black beans
- 1 teaspoon cream cheese
- Pickled red onions
- Pickled cabbage
- Chipotle mayonnaise (recipe below)
- 3 ounces lobster tail
- 1 pound duck fat
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove lobster tail from shell. Put salt and pepper on the lobster tail. Place is sauce pot with melted duck fat.
Simmer about 4 minutes. Remove tail from fat and place on grill until tender. Do not overcook.
2. Place flour tortilla on the grill for a few minutes until grill marks appear.
3. Remove tortilla from grill and spread refried beans on it, then the cream cheese.
4. Remove lobster tail from grill and chop into bite-sized pieces. Place on top of cream cheese in the tortilla.
5. Top with pickled cabbage, red onions and chipotle mayo.
6. Fold taco and serve immediately.
Chipotle Mayo Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Chipotle puree (canned) to taste
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped ginger
1. Blend all ingredients well in a bowl. Keep chilled until serving.