Dutch-born chef Anthonie Dekker has lived in Fulshear, Texas for many years. He has worked for restaurants in Minneapolis, Houston and South Texas. And he is the former executive chef for the Houston Texans and Reliant Center. He has recently opened his own restaurant, Dekker’s Mesquite Grill, in Fulshear and it’s a big hit with residents. Food radio ralk show host Cleverley Stone visited Chef Dekker at his new restaurant and he showed her how to make his Texas Caesar Salad with Grilled Shrimp.
Dekker’s Texas Caesar Salad with Grilled Shrimp
Dekker’s Mesquite Grill
Makes 1 Salad
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Anchovies (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Egg Yolks, blended
- 1/2 cup Oil (your choice. I use olive oil/canola oil blend)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce, washed
- 1/2 cup Butter Toasted Croutons
- 6 Jumbo Shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on
1. Combine first 10 ingredients in mixing bowl and whisk briefly to combine.
2. Slowly drizzle oil while whisking to form emulsion. Stir in Parmesan.
3. Brush dressing on shrimp and grill for 2 minutes on each side.
4. Tear or chop Romaine and toss with dressing. Sprinkle bell pepper and corn on top.
5. Arrange grilled shrimp on top of salad for presentation.