Steps: (watch video for demonstration)
1. Peel the skin from a large white onion.
2. Cut onion into thick rings.
3. Separate the rings.
4. Drop rings into your favorite seasoned batter. Coat rings well.
5. After dipping into batter, dredge rings in plain white flour (no seasoning). Coat rings well with flour.
6. Drop rings into hot vegetable oil. (Joe’s uses cottonseed oil.)
7. Fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
8. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Serve immediately.
For more information about food, wine and dining in Houston,
listen to Cleverley’s radio show on Saturdays from 9 a.m. until Noon on CBS Sports Radio 650.
(By the way, she gives out restaurant gift cards on every radio show!)