With Valentine’s Day less than one week away, the time is now to make sure that plans for the romantic day are in order.
Sara Brook from Dessert Gallery Bakery and Cafe and Elizabeth Stone from Stone Kitchen Catering suggest on FOX 26 Morning News Extra some gourmet meals to-go and some delicious desserts to make that favorite ‘sweetie’ smile.
Beef & Pork Canneloni
Source: Stone Kitchen Catering & Special Events
· 1 tsp Onion Powder
· 1 tsp Garlic Powder
· 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 pound ground pork
· 1 pound lean ground beef
· 1/2 cup white wine
· 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
· 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
· 1 tsp celery salt
· ground black pepper to taste
· 1 stick butter
· 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 2 cup milk
· 1 cup heavy cream
· 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
· 1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
· 1/4 cup chopped parsley
· 2 egg yolks
· 4 cups tomato sauce
· 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
· 1 pound Manicotti or Canneloni Shells
1. Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet. Add pork, and beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink. Add Garlic powder and onion power. Add Italian herbs and rosemary. Add wine, and reduce for 1 minute. Add herbs, celery salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan set over moderately low heat. Whisk in flour for approximately 2 minutes. Stir in milk, cream and grated nutmeg. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley and Parmesan cheese.
3. Transfer the cooled meat mixture to a large bowl. Mix in egg yolks. Mix in the cheese and parsley sauce. Set aside.
4. Combine the tomato sauce and cream, set aside.
5. Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Cut the pasta sheets crosswise into 5 inch lengths. Transfer to a bowl of cold water. Spread the noodles in one layer on paper towels to drain.
6. Spoon 1/4 cup of the filling down the center of one noodle, and roll the noodle to enclose the filing. Transfer the cannelloni, seam side down, to a well buttered Pyrex dish. Repeat with the remaining noodles and filling, arranging in single layer. Ladle the extra cream sauce over the cannelloni, and drizzle with tomoato sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until bubbling.