Vote for Danny Trace, executive chef at Brennan’s of Houston, in the Verizon Wireless and Modern Luxury 4G4Hunger campaign by visiting http://verizon.modernluxury.com/houston-trace/.
Froberg’s Farm Citrus Glazed Shrimp (serves 2)
- 8 ea Fresh Jumbo Gulf Shrimp 9/12
- 1 ea Satsuma peeled, sectioned and seeded
- 1 ea Meyer Lemon supremes
- 1/2 ea Ruby Red Grapefruit supremes
- 3 ea Kumquats, sliced and seeded
- 1 oz Shallots, chopped
- 1/2 Roasted Red Pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup Agave syrup
- 1 tsp Chopped garlic
- 2 oz Hornitos Tequila ( infused with chile piquin)
- 1/4 Sprig Fresh Basil chiffonade
- Salt, Pepper, and Creole seasoning to taste Grapeseed oil as needed
- Season shrimp on both sides with creole seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, add oil and begin to sear shrimp. Add garlic and shallots.
- Flip the shrimp over and sear the second side and work the garlic and shallots being careful not to burn.
- Once seared, deglaze pan with tequila. Cook a sec to burn off the alcohol. Careful of the flame.
- Add agave. Add citrus and warm through.
- Once reduced to sauce consistency and shrimp are cooked through, add roasted red pepper and fresh basil.
- Taste for seasoning and serve immediately.