Alma Cebiche + Bar, a new restaurant concept for Chef David Guerrero, features Peruvian cuisine and a cebiche bar, where guests can watch their dishes being made. He shows food radio talk show host Cleverley Stone how to make one of the most popular dishes at his restaurant: Cebiche Limeno.
For more information about food, wine and dining in Houston,
listen to Cleverley’s radio show Saturdays at Noon on Talk 650 AM.
(By the way, she gives out restaurant gift cards on every radio show!)
Chef David Guerrero, Alma Cebiche + Bar
- 6 oz Grouper Fillet (cubed, skin removed)
- 4 each Key Limes
- 1 each Aji Limo (diced)
- ½ tsp Celery Puree
- 1 sprig Sea Beans
- 1 each Boston Lettuce Leaf
- 1 each Sweet Potato (sliced)
- 1 each Whole Choclo (sliced)
- 2 each Ice Cubes
- ¼ Red Onion (julienned)
- 1 tsp Maiz ‘Chulip’
- ½ tsp Evaporated Milk
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- Dash of Olive oil
1. In a cold mixing bowl place the ice cubes and fish.
Add the celery puree. Massage puree into fish for few seconds and let sit for 3 minutes.
2. Add the juice of limes and diced aji limo. Add salt to taste. Let sit for a few minutes.
3. To serve: Place the lettuce leaf, the choclo, the sliced sweet potato and maiz chulpi on a plate.
Add the fish, leaving the liquid in the mixing bowl. Top red onions and sea beans.
4. Add the evaporated milk to the leftover liquid (this is called “Leche de Tigre” – Tiger’s milk).
Add salt if needed or more lime juice. Top with drizzled olive oil on the sweet potato.