July 30 is National Cheesecake Day and who better to celebrate this wonderful holiday than The Cheesecake Factory? The restaurant is celebrating the day by offering dine-in guests “Any slice, half price” and introducing the new Oreo Dream Extreme Cheesecake.
The Cheesecake Factory Oreo® Dream Extreme Cheesecake is an Oreo lover’s dream! It features Oreo® cookies baked in creamy cheesecake with layers of moist fudge cake and Oreo cookie mousse, topped with milk chocolate icing & a gigantic Oreo cookie wafer. The National Cheesecake Day offer is being extended until July 31 for The Cheesecake Factory Facebook fans only! Find the offer on The Cheesecake Factory Facebook page.
Oreo Cookie Cheesecake Sandwiches
• Slices of your favorite cheesecake
• Oreo cookies
• Your favorite toppings (Jimmies, mini chocolate chips, chopped toffee, coconut & chocolate curls, etc.)
1. Remove the cheesecake slices from refrigeration and place into a mixing bowl. Fold with a rubber spatula. Do not over-mix. (Cheesecake should still be somewhat firm and not too soft. It must hold its shape when being scooped.)
2. Line a sheet of pan with wax paper.
3. Separate Oreo cookies into two halves and arrange the halves side by side on the sheet pan. (It’s OK if the cream does not cleanly break apart.)
4. Scoop a 1-oz. level scoop of the cheesecake mixture and place on top of one of the cookie halves. Gently press the other cookie half on top to form your Oreo Cookie Cheesecake Sandwich. Repeat until remaining cheesecake mixture has been used.
5. Gently roll the Oreo Cookie Cheesecake Sandwich in your favorite topping(s) until the entire outer edge of the cheesecake is evenly covered.
6. Place the finished Oreo Cookie Cheesecake Sandwiches in the freezer for ½ hour before serving. After freezing, sandwiches can be enjoyed immediately or kept under refrigeration for one day. They can also be stored for up to one week in the freezer wrapped in plastic or in a freezer proof container although the cookie will become soft and they will eat like a classic ice cream sandwich.
7. Bon Appétit
On the Web:
The Cheesecake Factory — http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/
The Cheesecake Factory on Facebook — http://www.facebook.com/thecheesecakefactory