Watch the children’s cooking demonstration during “FOX 26 Morning News Extra.”
Rice Epicurean Market
- 1 package lasagna noodles, boiled
- 1 (8 ounce) package ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 recipe of Marinara (see recipe below)
- ½ pound ground beef, cooked
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix the ricotta, egg, ½ cup Parmesan and 1 cup Mozzarella together in a small bowl.
3. Season the cheese mixture with salt and pepper.
4. Place ¼ cup of the mixture, spread over the lasagna noodle and tightly roll up. Repeat with the rest of the noodles.
5. Combine the marinara and ground beef and add a thin layer to the bottom of an 8×8 inch baking dish.
6. Place the rolls seam side down on top of the meat sauce.
7. Top with the remaining sauce and cheese.
8. Bake the lasagna rolls for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
1. Heat a medium saucepan, add olive oil and sauté the onions until translucent.
2. Add the garlic and sauté for a minute until fragrant.
3. Deglaze the saucepan with the white wine, if using, and add sugar, salt, pepper and oregano.
4. Pour in the crushed tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the fresh herbs just before serving.