Chef Ronnie Killen, owner of Killen’s Steakhouse in Pearland, Texas, recently competed in a cooking competition in New York. He received second place and impressed judges with his special homemade steak sauce and rub. Today, he demonstrates to food radio talk show host Cleverley Stone how to make the sauce and rub, and gives grilling tips for rib eye steaks.
For more information about food, wine and dining in Houston,
listen to Cleverley’s radio show Saturdays at Noon on Talk 650 AM.
(PS: She gives out restaurant gift cards on every radio show!)
Dry Steak Rub
Chef Ronnie Killen, Killen’s Steakhouse
- 3 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup plus 2 TBS Garlic pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 TBS light chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Accent
- 2 tbsp course ground pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Worcestershire sauce
1. Mix and sprinkle on steaks then add Worcestershire sauce (enough just to moisten).
2. Let sit for a couple hours.
3. Grill steaks.