April 4, 2012
In Texas, Easter is the unofficial start of grilling season. So while the kids are busy with their Easter egg hunt, you don’t have to be stuck in the kitchen. You can get busy preparing a delicious family meal on your outdoor grill. Chef Joey Tomas from The Kroger Co. shows food radio talk show host Cleverley Stone how to prepare and grill lamb burgers, ham steaks, veggie kabobs, corn and potatoes.
For more information about food, wine and dining in Houston,
listen to Cleverley’s radio show Saturdays at Noon on Talk 650 AM.
(By the way, she gives out restaurant gift cards on every radio show!)
Source: Chef Joey Tomas, Kroger
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- teaspoon of fresh rosemary chopped
- pinch of garlic powder
1. Mix ground lamb with seasoning and herbs
2. Create patties
3. Grill for 2 ½ minutes on each side (flip 4 times, total cook time: 10 minutes)
Easter Ham Steak
Serves 1-2 people
- 1 pre-cooked ham steak
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1. Create glaze: combine orange juice and brown sugar.
2. Coat each side of ham steak with glaze.
3. Grill ham on medium heat for 3 minutes per side at 45 degree angle (flip 4 times, total cook time: 12 minutes)