Source: Mary Jordan, FOX 26 Morning News Viewer
This was a regular weekday meal for my family when green peppers were in season. As a child I always added ketchup to the tomato sauce on mine.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion- chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- Salt & pepper
- Tomato sauce
- For the stuffing, brown ground beef in skillet, with onion.
- Add cooked rice and season (sometimes I add corn and you could use about 1/3 cup finely chopped celery).
- Select smooth peppers. Cut in half lengthwise, remove stem and seeds, place in boiling water for about 7-8 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
- Stuff each pepper half and place in shallow baking dish. Top with tomato sauce.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.